Rock concert, auction to benefit CC tuition assistance

An Evening of Rock and Roll, Cathedral Catholic High School’s largest fundraiser, will be held on Saturday, January 26, 2013 at the Claver Center.  The evening will include great food, silent and live auctions, and a live rock and roll concert by Rockola, San Diego’s most popular rock cover band that includes a special four-piece horn section. This year’s event raises funds for Cathedral’s tuition assistance program; and in addition provides an evening of great entertainment. The event also offers an opportunity for a lucky parent to win a free year of tuition for one student.

Why depart from the usual sit-down dinner of years past?  Cathedral’s new Event Coordinator, Mrs. Janet Cruzan, is focused on planning fun and exciting events to contrast previous years’ mellow mood.  As the phrase on the publicity posters suggests – Come Rock In Your Jeans – casual attire is expected.  In compliance with California State Law to isolate alcohol from students less than 21 years of age, this year’s event is limited to adults.

This year’s wide and intriguing array of auction goodies includes items ranging from time at a Del Mar ocean-front home to a Tahoe mountain-side home, as well as gift certificates to restaurants, hotels and great escapes.  Because prizes and items are donated, all auction and ticket proceeds go directly to Cathedrals’ tuition assistance fund.  For the first time, the Committee is introducing a very exciting and innovative digital bidding system through which each person will bid on auction items. Guests will not have to stand guard by a particular auction item of interest to continuously monitor and raise bids as the electronic hand-held bidding device’s lightweight and mobile manner will free them to socialize and enjoy the evening. The digital device will notify guests once they have been out bid, and enable them to enter a higher bid number if they so choose.

Making its return this year is the popular CCHS Tuition Drawing for which only 500 tickets are sold. The winner receives one year of free tuition for his or her Cathedral student.  To purchase a ticket, simply download the form from the CCHS homepage, complete it, and bring or mail a check or credit card to the business office at Cathedral.  Tickets are $100.00 each or five tickets $400.00.

An Evening of Rock and Roll is planned and organized by the CCHS Development Office and parent volunteers.  Cathedral Ambassadors will assist, and the committee is currently searching for fifteen additional parent volunteers who can work the night of the event.  The Rockola Committee is also in need of additional donated auction items, as well as underwriters, and is encouraging Cathedral families who have businesses to promote them at the event.  Underwriting information can be found on the Cathedral we site by clicking on An Evening of Rock and Roll.

Tickets for An Evening of Rock and Roll are available for purchase online on the CCHS homepage.

According to Ms. Cruzan, “the Committee’s goal is to have 600 Cathedral parents and friends attend and come ready to Rock the Night Away in support of our school. This event will only be successful if our Cathedral families come together in community and embrace what is sure to be a fabulous evening.”

For further information, contact Janet Cruzan, Event Coordinator, Cathedral Catholic 858-523-4000 x1115 or [email protected].