March Madness helps fight multiple sclerosis

It is that time of the year again where anything is possible, where miracles happen, and legends are made. It is the two-week frenzy that captures the attention of fans everywhere and brings out the gambler in all of us. It is the most wonderful time of the year, March Madness. The college basketball fans at Cathedral Catholic all come together for two days once a year to cheer on their favorite team and pray for the perfect bracket.

This year, however, CCHS is offering a great way to watch all the games at lunch and share their picks with friends. The theater has been opened up to any and all students looking to catch some of the action and watch the games during lunch. Cathedral Catholic ASB’s Spirit and Activities commissioners had already been working hard to make this two-day event special; and then, junior Max Gardner had an idea.

“Ever since I was young, basketball has been a passion of mine. My mom recently passed away from M.S. (Multiple Sclerosis), and I was looking for any way to use my love for the game as a way to help others who have been affected by this disease. And so, a new March Madness event was created.

The event is set to take place on Thursday and Friday at lunch, and ASB will be charging $5 for entrance into the theater along with a slice of pizza. Additional pizza and breadsticks will be sold, and all proceeds will go towards M.S. research.

The Cathedral Community is excited for this first-time event, and teachers and students have been extremely supportive. Commissioner of Spirit Will Law said, “The details are all in place; the technology department has been a great help, as well as Ms. (Dawn) Brannman, other ASB members, and teachers.”

Max Gardner encourages all to attend. ” Come to the theater, bring your brackets, and enjoy the games. Let the madness begin!” he said.