Boys basketball team goes into Saints rivalry strong

The boys varsity basketball team are currently 3-0 in Western League with their 57-49 win against the Scripps Ranch Falcons on January 14. With this victory, the Dons improve their overall record to 11-5.

The Dons overcame an 11-point deficit early on in the first quarter against the Falcons. Sophomore Cameron Moore led the Dons with 17 points overall, and Junior Jonathan Harris trailed with 13 points in the game. Moore additionally made all of his free throws, adding 6 points to the Dons overall score.

Senior Max Gardner and sophomore Reid Johnson both had 7 defensive rebounds against the Falcons. Johnson had a total of 10 rebounds and Gardner ended the game with a total of 9 rebounds. Gardner also had 2 blocks, leading the boys in the game.

The Dons now have a .688 winning percentage and are not only undefeated in League, but at home as well. With this win, their national rank has moved up 68 spots and their state rank has moved up 10.

The boys now face rivals, Saint Augustine, tonight at 7:00 p.m. at Point Loma Nazarene. This is their first Western League game against each other. The Dons will try to uphold their record of 11-5 and defeat the Saints who have an overall record of 17-2. Good luck boys!